Welcome to my website! ようこそ! 환영해요! I am an event organizer, health & beauty blogger, and video maker/editor. My website is about fun places I visit, cosmetics, skincare, acne, weight loss, fashion, health, and beauty. You will learn how to reduce acne; improve skin and health; there are product reviews/recommendations; beauty from India and Japan; nail polish, nail art, giveaways, vlogs, makeup tutorials, hauls, and declutters. Follow me on Instagram @dlsbeauty
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Product Review: Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Eyeliner
Review: Lakme Eyeconic Kajal In Black
I love Indian kajal liners, so I tend to go through a lot of them and collect them. The reason I like Indian kajal liners so much is because I find them to be darker than most drugstore liners, so they show up well even on brown or darker skin; they don't irritate my sensitive eyes, when most drugstore liners that I have tried do, and they tend to have a much smaller ingredient list than most drugstore liners. Indian kajal liners are often made with some natural ingredients like almond oil and castor oil. There are many kajal liners available in India and in the U.S., and many U.S. brands even make their own version of a kajal liner. One of the most popular kajal liners in India is the Lakme Eyeconic kajal, so this is why I wanted to review this one first for you. So, let's begin! 😅
When it comes to eyeliner, one of the first things that people look for is whether or not it is smudgeproof. Almost all eyeliners you can buy will say they are smudgeproof, but 9 times out of 10, they will not be smudgeproof at all, and this eyeliner is no exception. You can see this in this video:
Is this eyeliner waterproof? No it is not. You can see this here:
Here are the swatches of this eyeliner:
I like how dark this liner is; it really shows up well even on my brown skin, so even though you need to layer the liner to get it this dark, I still think it is excellent for those with brown or darker skin.
I applied this liner differently on my left and right eye. On my left eye, I applied the eyeliner right on top of my eye after applying a light foundation to cover the darkness under my eyes. The foundation I used is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation. This foundation doesn't crease and it stays in place all day, so I recommend it over concealer for the under eye area to cover darkness and dark circles. I find that concealer almost always creases on me, so I started using light foundation in this area and it works wonders! So if you have problems wearing concealer under your eyes, definitely try a light foundation!
On my right eye, I applied this eyeliner on top of this foundation and a brown matte eyeshadow. The brown matte eyeshadow I used is the fifth shade in the Etude House Play Color Eyes In The Cafe eyeshadow palettecalled coconut on the beach. This is how the eyeliner looks on my left eye:
The eyeliner looks darker and shinier when applied directly on top of the eye without eyeshadow. The eyeliner went on smoothly and it was not difficult to apply it.
This is how the eyeliner looks on my right eye, on top of eyeshadow:
On top of eyeshadow, the eyeliner looks much more matte and the shine disappears. It was a bit harder to apply this liner on top of eyeshadow though, and it looks a little less dark. This is how the eyeliner looks on both of my eyes:
Final Thoughts: All-in-all, I love how this eyeliner looks on my eyes. It really makes my eyes look more exotic, and I love it both with eyeshadow and without. Most importantly, this eyeliner does not irritate my eyes at all, and it is sooo comfortable to wear. Indian kajal liners are so comfortable on the eyes, to the point where I can wear them for hours and actually forget that I am wearing them; this eyeliner makes my entire makeup look, so even though it does smudge after a while and it is not waterproof, I still highly recommend it. You can easily smudge proof and waterproof this liner by applying a black liquid liner on top of it, or a good eyeliner sealer.
If you have never tried an Indian kajal liner before, I highly recommend giving them a try, especially if you have sensitive eyes, if you want to wear makeup that is more comfortable for long hours, or if you simply want to wear a liner that has fewer chemicals in it. I will review more Indian kajal liners for you all in future posts; I have soo many kajal liners in my collection. I depend on them a lot because I like feeling comfortable when I wear makeup :)
If you want to try other kajal liners, you can find them hereon my store. If you are interested in the bindi, the colorful dot design on my forehead, you can find them here. Click here to go to the post on how to smudge proof your eyeliner.
Hello everyone! I am going to share with you a new product that I discovered months ago that has been a game changer for me. I sometimes get asked about what I do to my hair to make it look so nice, so I am going to answer part of this question here today. If you follow me on Instagram 👉 (dlsbeauty), you know that I change my hair color often, sometimes every week, so seeing this, I can understand how people are shocked at how healthy my hair looks. So today, I am going to share with you all one of my best kept hair care secrets: The Denman brush.
I think it has been almost two years now since I decided to stop straightening my hair all the time. I also stopped perming my hair and decided to just grow it out, but it has been very difficult to find ways to style my hair in easy fast ways (wash and go), without it looking frizzy or an afro, or without losing a ton of hair. I want my curls to show and look shiny and healthy, like Shirley Temple kind of curls; for women of color, this is …
This might be very shocking to you, but we live in a world full of parasites, and they survive better than almost every other creature that exists. These parasites cause all kinds of problems for living creatures, including weight loss and weight gain. The kinds of problems they can cause often depends on where they live in or on your body. When they live in your stomach and intestines, they are called intestinal worms, and they can make you gain weight or be unable to lose weight.
"Intestinal worms, also known as parasitic worms, are one of the main types of intestinal parasites. Common types of intestinal worms include: Flatworms, which include tapeworms and flukes. Roundworms, which cause ascariasis, pinworm, and hookworm infections." Source of quotation: "What Are Intestinal Worms?, 2017, Written By Stacy Sampson, Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/health/intestinal-worms
Parasites have survived the ice age and they can survive temperatures that humans, animals, a…
I am going to tell you how I got this makeup look step-by-step! Let's begin! 💖
1. Apply an eyeliner sealer. An eyeliner sealer acts as an eye primer, but it does even more. An eyeliner sealer can be applied over eyeliner to help reduce smudging; it can be mixed with any eyeshadow in order to turn it into an eyeliner; it can make poorly pigmented eyeshadows very pigmented, and you can even use an eyeliner sealer to get glitter to adhere to your eyes.
2. Apply a brown glittery eyeshadow.
The eyeshadow I used is the top brown shade in the Korean Tonymoly Shimmer Triple Dome eyeshadow palette in #08 Romantic Khaki. I did not apply a base shadow.
3. Apply black eyeliner on the upper lash line, but don't apply it at the very inner corner. Also, apply the black liner on the lower lash line, but only apply it from the outermost part of the eye, up to the middle of the eye; don''t apply your liner past the middle of the eye or at the inner corner.
Acne is something we all get sometimes, but there are some products, and simple things that you can do that can greatly improve and reduce your acne.
1. Don't reapply makeup or touch up your makeup while you are out and about. The reason for this is because the moment you walk outside your home, germs and bacteria from the air get all over your face and exposed skin; this is why your skin smells bad after you have been outside for hours. When you take your makeup out and apply it to your now dirty skin, you contaminate your makeup, so everytime you use it again after this, you put more and more germs on your face, which can cause breakouts and even rashes.
2. Don't touch your face, even when you are at home. The reason is because Staph bacteria can live on many surfaces in your home, from counter tops, door handles, to objects you touch all the time, like your alarm clock, towel, or razor.
"Family members of children who have staph infections are more likely than other peop…
Want to know how I got this simple, but sexy look? Then keep reading 💋
1. Apply eye drops when your eyes look tired or red. I have not been sleeping well because of the constant construction happening outside my home, so I needed to lessen the redness and make my eyes look whiter and more clear, so I applied eye drops. I find that eye drops in the drugstore don't do much for me, so I only buy eye drops online; I also prefer natural herbal ones, so the ones I used today are the Itone Ayurvedic Herbal Eye Drops. I use eye drops almost everyday because I like to clean my eyes out; I feel like it is just a good healthy, hygiene habit to have. Lately though, I have been rushing a lot so I have been skipping this step, but my makeup doesn't look as good when I do skip it in my opinion. So, I recommend cleaning your eyes out everyday before applying your makeup because whiter eyes look healthier and your eye makeup will pop more.
2. Apply an eyeliner sealer. An eyeliner sealer acts as…
A few days ago, something happened that was so shocking to me, that I decided to do research on it, and now I am writing this article about it. So, about 3 days ago, I drank a glass of purified spring water that I had in my refrigerator. I didn't eat anything, I was just thirsty because it is hot now and it is summertime. So, when I got sick from the water, I was sure it was the water because I was fine all day, and I got sick pretty quickly, right after drinking that glass of water. I got a sudden headache, my stomach started hurting, and I noticed a ringing in my ears. This prompted me to go online, and research purified water using scientific scholarly journals. In the studies I found, scientists analyzed our purified water, and they found several harmful things in it, so this is what they found:
Bacteria was found in several batches of purified water that was analyzed in several scientific studies; this is water that would end up in our grocery stores for sale, basic…
There are quite a few ways to shape your eyebrows today, and eyebrow threading is quite popular for this. After all, your eyebrows make your makeup look and they shape your entire face; your eyebrows can speak as much as your eyes and they are just as noticeable, so today, let's talk about the pros and cons of eyebrow threading, so that you can decide for yourself if you want to do it. Pros There are far more pros than cons to eyebrow threading. Firstly, out of all the different ways you can shape your eyebrows, eyebrow threading in my opinion, gives you the most defined, shaped, and on point eyebrows, since it removes even the smallest of hairs that tweezers and razors tend to miss. Eyebrow threading is also fast; a quick 5-10 minute procedure, and it lasts 3-4 weeks. Since it lasts so long, it is also quite cost effective and really low maintenance; eyebrow threading makes your eyebrows easier and much faster to style with your makeup each day. In my personal experience, eyebrow t…
Want to learn how to get this simple, beautiful look? Then keep reading 👯
Let's start with the eyes. I always start any makeup look with the eyes because there may be fallout from your eyeshadows; it is much easier to just brush off or wipe off fallout before you have any other makeup on, so that way you don't remove your face makeup. Before even applying any eyeshadow though, I always apply:
1. An eyeliner sealerfirst. An eyeliner sealer acts as an eye primer, but it does even more. An eyeliner sealer can be applied over eyeliner to help reduce smudging; it can be mixed with any eyeshadow in order to turn it into an eyeliner; it can make poorly pigmented eyeshadows very pigmented, and you can even use an eyeliner sealer to get glitter to adhere to your eyes without having to worry about it falling off.
2. Apply eyeshadow. I used 2 shades from the 3W Clinic eyeshadow palette. This palette comes with 9 different eyeshadows and 3 blushers in one palette, and the palette only costs…
When it comes to the color, pigmentation that can appear on the skin after acne occurs and has healed, we usually see 3 main types of pigmentation:
Dark colored hyperpigmentation, which appears brown or black in color When someone has a lot of melanin in their skin, it can cause the skin that gets damaged from acne, bacteria, or trauma, to turn dark in color. Melanin is what allows the skin to tan; it is a dark black or brown pigment, and it not only affects the color of damaged skin, but it also decides your eye and hair color.
Pink or red marks - After a breakout, you will sometimes get pink or red spots on your skin.
White marks - These are a little different from the scars mentioned above because they can occur because of damage to the skin from acne, bacteria, or trauma, but they can also occur because of a loss of pigment to the skin.
Source of Image: "Aerosol Burn" By Wikipedia; no changes made - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosol_burn The important thing to remember is…