Sexy Matte Red Lip Gold Eye Makeup Eyeshadow Step-By-Step Tutorial
Want to know how I got this simple, but sexy look? Then keep reading 💋
1. Apply eye drops when your eyes look tired or red. I have not been sleeping well because of the constant construction happening outside my home, so I needed to lessen the redness and make my eyes look whiter and more clear, so I applied eye drops. I find that eye drops in the drugstore don't do much for me, so I only buy eye drops online; I also prefer natural herbal ones, so the ones I used today are the Itone Ayurvedic Herbal Eye Drops. I use eye drops almost everyday because I like to clean my eyes out; I feel like it is just a good healthy, hygiene habit to have. Lately though, I have been rushing a lot so I have been skipping this step, but my makeup doesn't look as good when I do skip it in my opinion. So, I recommend cleaning your eyes out everyday before applying your makeup because whiter eyes look healthier and your eye makeup will pop more.
2. Apply an eyeliner sealer. An eyeliner sealer acts as an eye primer, but it does even more. An eyeliner sealer can be applied over eyeliner to help reduce smudging; it can be mixed with any eyeshadow in order to turn it into an eyeliner; it can make poorly pigmented eyeshadows very pigmented, and you can even use an eyeliner sealer to get glitter to adhere to your eyes without having to worry about it falling off.
3. Apply eyeshadow.
5. Apply a black eyeshadow on top of the line you made with your black eyeliner; this will darken the line, help lessen smudging, and make your black line look more matte in appearance.
6. Apply mascara. I only applied mascara to my upper lashes. I have very sensitive eyes, so I find that I can't use drugstore mascaras, but after hunting down mascaras for years, I finally found a mascara brand that does not irritate my eyes at all. It is the herbal Palladio mascara. So, for this look, I used the black Palladio Lash Obesessed mascara.
7. Apply under eye concealer. I don't use under eye concealer for the most part anymore because they always crease badly on me, so I tend to use a lighter foundation to conceal darkness under my eyes. The foundation that I used for this look, and which I use almost every time in this area, is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped 24 Hrs Cream foundation in 370 Natural Tan.
8. Fill in your brows. I used a dark brown auto pencil liner to do this because I wanted my brows to be a little less dark and bold for this look. You can use any dark brown eyeliner that you have at home 👌
9. Apply foundation. I used a well-loved foundation; the Nuance Salma Hayek Flawless finish Liquid foundation in the shade 285 medium/deep warm. I can wear this foundation without applying any powder; it dries fast, the coverage is really good, and it doesn't settle into my dry spots or laugh lines.
10. Apply concealer to the areas where you want more coverage. I used a product that I am obsessed with and which I can't imagine life without anymore; the Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream in BB#11, which is the second to last darkest shade.
11. Finally, lipstick. I applied the Eglips Lively Lip Matte Tattoo in shade #5. This lipstick is very pigmented, it dries to a matte finish, and it does have a slight scent, but it is not a perfume scent in my opinion. The pigmentation is strong enough that some of it will remain on your lips, even after eating. The only negative thing I have to say about this lip product is that once you eat, it does not fade in a flattering way; it tends to become very uneven and patchy, which is quite unflattering. However, whenever I have a lip product that fades like this, I apply a lip tint in the same color first, and then apply the lipstick on top of it, because it makes everything fade more smoothly.
Click here for information about health and beauty coaching with dlshealthandbeauty