I Found Green Fungal Mold In My Ready To Eat Pre-Packaged Food Meal
I always buy precooked meats because they have to be cooked for a long time in order to kill the germs and bacteria in them, and because I don't want to be exposed to the contaminated blood in raw meats. This time though, to my horror, I found green fungal mold in the lemon pepper sauce that came with my pre-packaged meal. Here is a picture of what it looked like:
You have likely seen this kind of mold many times before in various grocery stores everywhere. It is especially common in fruits, like lemons, as well as in bread.
Some fruits and foods are more susceptible to growing mold than others. For example, I find that lemons grow mold very quickly, whereas, limes can stay in your refrigerator for far longer, before they start showing signs of going bad. Bread grows mold extremely quickly as well, which is why you should refrigerate or freeze the bread you buy, especially if you plan to eat it slowly over time. It is okay to leave it on your counter top for a day or two after buying it, but I would refrigerate it no later than three days after buying it because of how fast mold can grow.
Anything, food or otherwise, that stays wet for long periods of time, can grow mold. A sauce can grow mold because it is moist, but also, it can grow mold even when in a sealed packaged container, like what came with my food, when it is left unrefrigerated for a long time. This can easily happen if the grocery store's refrigeration unit breaks or is malfunctioning, so if you go to a store, and you see water coming from underneath the refrigerator or freezer, don't buy any of the food there because the foods are likely not being kept cold enough to be safe to eat. It is very important that when storing foods, you keep them very cold to prevent germs and bacteria from growing in them. Also, it is important for you to know that everything that is in the package with moldy food is not edible. My food came with the chicken separated from the sauce, which is why the sauce was in a separate plastic container, but the moldy sauce was right next to the chicken, so the mold would have still contaminated the chicken. In addition, since this happened because of poor refrigeration, then the chicken is likely growing bacteria anyway because it was also left unrefrigerated for a while, so you must throw everything away that is near, or in the package, with the moldy food.
"Mold spores are everywhere, and many strains grow on food. The spores anchor in bread, cheese, meat and fruit and grow into fruiting bodies that appear as dark, sometimes fuzzy blotches...(Mold) can cause allergic reactions. Some strains produce mycotoxins and aflatoxins, which can make you sick. Mold grows inside food as well as on the surface, so it isn't safe to simply cut it off...it's best to discard moldy food...(Mold) can also grow in warmer temperatures as well. Mold grows best between 55 to 70 degrees Celsius...Some molds can take over your food in a matter of 12 to 24 hours, while others may take weeks...Mold is perhaps most common on bread, cheese, and fruits and vegetables left out in the kitchen." Source of quotation: https://sciencing.com/why-does-mold-grow-food-4966797.html
Conclusion: I wanted to share this with you because I want you to be able to recognize mold in foods; the different kinds of forms and appearances it can take. I also wanted to stress the importance of checking all your ready to eat, pre-packaged foods for mold. Needless to say, I had to return all the pre-packed meals that I got from that part of the refrigerator in the grocery store for fear that it would make me sick 😓
Interested In The Best Health Products On The Market? - Check Out Our Health Store Here
Click here for information about health and beauty coaching with dlshealthandbeauty