Welcome! ようこそ! 환영해요! Hoşgeldiniz! This is a health, wellness, & beauty blog store. Here you will find health research articles; makeup cosmetic reviews; skincare, acne, and weight loss tips; healthy eating and food articles; makeup tutorials; fashion and beauty from the U.S., Korea, India, Japan, and Turkey; nail polish reviews and tutorials; hair care, hair product reviews, and healthy teeth tips; declutters, giveaways, and vlogs of my life and fun events. Follow me on Instagram @dlsbeauty
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Step-By-Step Matte Brown Lip Eye Makeup Eyeshadow Tutorial
One of my favorite makeup looks, especially in the fall, is the brown lip. This look just oozes fall; it is such an elegant and glamorous look, so it is perfect for special events or for those moments when you want to ooze sexiness👄. So today, I will show you step-by-step how I got this beautiful sexy look.
1. Apply an eyeliner sealer all around your eyes; on the lid and near the lower lash line. An eyeliner sealer acts as an eye primer, but it does even more. An eyeliner sealer can be applied over eyeliner to help reduce smudging; it can be mixed with any eyeshadow in order to turn it into an eyeliner; it can make poorly pigmented eyeshadows very pigmented, and you can even use an eyeliner sealer to get glitter to adhere to your eyes.
2. I applied the seventh shade, the brown shimmery shade🍺called 시럽빼고 떼이크아웃/Takeout Without Syrup from the Etude House Play Color Eyes eyeshadow palette
3. I applied a lighter foundation under the eyes to act as an under eye concealer. The foundation that I used for this is the Loreal Paris 24Hr Infallible Pro-Matte foundation in the shade Caramel Beige.
4. I applied black eyeliner to my upper lash line and to the outer most part of my lower lash line. I made the line thin in the inner corner, and on the lower lash line, I drew the line from the outermost part of my eye, up to the middle of my eye. I did not draw the line past the pupil on the lower lash line.
The black eyeliner that I used for this look is the Nature Republic Botanical gel eyeliner.
5. Apply mascara. I only applied mascara to my upper lashes.
I have very sensitive eyes, so I have found that I can't use drugstore mascaras, but after hunting down mascaras for years, I finally found a mascara brand that does not irritate my eyes at all; it is the herbal Palladio mascara. The one that I used with this look is the Palladio Lash Obsessed mascara. I went for lighter eye makeup this time, so I did not apply a liquid liner on top of my eyeliner.
6. I applied foundation. The foundation I used for this look is one of my favorite foundations; it is the Loreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation in the shade Soft Sable.
7. Lastly, lip makeup. I did not have a brown lipstick deep enough to give me the kind of color that I wanted, so instead, I used The Face Shop Faceit Styling Auto gel liner in shade 02 to get this look.
Here are similar eyeliner pencils like this one by The Face Shop:
This is the finished look 👱
Did you try this look? What did you think of it? 📝
Recently, I was searching for some new eyeshadow palettes to try since I love them. Eyeshadow palettes have been my favorite makeup product for about the last year and half, so when I buy makeup lately, this is what I usually buy, unless I need something for a video I am making. Unfortunately, looking for new palettes made me aware that many U.S. brands are now making their eyeshadow palettes in China, though much of their other makeup products are still made in the U.S.
Hunting for new mineral eyeshadow palettes made in the U.S. led me to look at less popular or less well-known brands; brands that aren't all over Youtube or talked about heavily by beauty bloggers. I only found about a handful of brands that fit the bill, and Mary Kay was one of them. Fortunately, I have a friend who works as a Mary Kay consultant, so I reached out to her and she kindly sent me several Mary Kay eyeshadow palettes to try out for free. I plan to review and swatch all of the palettes she sent me, but …
This might be very shocking to you, but we live in a world full of parasites, and they survive better than almost every other creature that exists. These parasites cause all kinds of problems for living creatures, including weight loss and weight gain. The kinds of problems they can cause often depends on where they live in or on your body. When they live in your stomach and intestines, they are called intestinal worms, and they can make you gain weight or be unable to lose weight.
"Intestinal worms, also known as parasitic worms, are one of the main types of intestinal parasites. Common types of intestinal worms include: Flatworms, which include tapeworms and flukes. Roundworms, which cause ascariasis, pinworm, and hookworm infections." Source of quotation: "What Are Intestinal Worms?, 2017, Written By Stacy Sampson, Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/health/intestinal-worms
Parasites have survived the ice age and they can survive temperatures that humans, animals, a…
I am going to tell you how I got this makeup look step-by-step! Let's begin! 💖
1. Apply an eyeliner sealer. An eyeliner sealer acts as an eye primer, but it does even more. An eyeliner sealer can be applied over eyeliner to help reduce smudging; it can be mixed with any eyeshadow in order to turn it into an eyeliner; it can make poorly pigmented eyeshadows very pigmented, and you can even use an eyeliner sealer to get glitter to adhere to your eyes.
2. Apply a brown glittery eyeshadow.
The eyeshadow I used is the top brown shade in the Korean Tonymoly Shimmer Triple Dome eyeshadow palette in #08 Romantic Khaki. I did not apply a base shadow.
3. Apply black eyeliner on the upper lash line, but don't apply it at the very inner corner. Also, apply the black liner on the lower lash line, but only apply it from the outermost part of the eye, up to the middle of the eye; don''t apply your liner past the middle of the eye or at the inner corner.
Review: Lakme Eyeconic Kajal In Black लक्मे काजल I love Indian kajal liners, so I tend to go through a lot of them and collect them. The reason I like Indian kajal liners so much is because I find them to be darker than most drugstore liners, so they show up well even on brown or darker skin; they don't irritate my sensitive eyes, when most drugstore liners that I have tried do, and they tend to have a much smaller ingredient list than most drugstore liners. Indian kajal liners are often made with some natural ingredients like almond oil and castor oil. There are many kajal liners available in India and in the U.S., and many U.S. brands even make their own version of a kajal liner. One of the most popular kajal liners in India is the Lakme Eyeconic kajal, so this is why I wanted to review this one first for you. So, let's begin! 😅 When it comes to eyeliner, one of the first things that people look for is whether or not it is smudgeproof. Almost all eyeliners you can buy will s…
Hello everyone! I am going to share with you a new product that I discovered months ago that has been a game changer for me. I sometimes get asked about what I do to my hair to make it look so nice, so I am going to answer part of this question here today. If you follow me on Instagram 👉 (dlsbeauty), you know that I change my hair color often, sometimes every week, so seeing this, I can understand how people are shocked at how healthy my hair looks. So today, I am going to share with you all one of my best kept hair care secrets: The Denman brush.
I think it has been almost two years now since I decided to stop straightening my hair all the time. I also stopped perming my hair and decided to just grow it out, but it has been very difficult to find ways to style my hair in easy fast ways (wash and go), without it looking frizzy or an afro, or without losing a ton of hair. I want my curls to show and look shiny and healthy, like Shirley Temple kind of curls; for women of color, this is …
There are quite a few ways to shape your eyebrows today, and eyebrow threading is quite popular for this. After all, your eyebrows make your makeup look and they shape your entire face; your eyebrows can speak as much as your eyes and they are just as noticeable, so today, let's talk about the pros and cons of eyebrow threading, so that you can decide for yourself if you want to do it. Pros There are far more pros than cons to eyebrow threading. Firstly, out of all the different ways you can shape your eyebrows, eyebrow threading in my opinion, gives you the most defined, shaped, and on point eyebrows, since it removes even the smallest of hairs that tweezers and razors tend to miss. Eyebrow threading is also fast; a quick 5-10 minute procedure, and it lasts 3-4 weeks. Since it lasts so long, it is also quite cost effective and really low maintenance; eyebrow threading makes your eyebrows easier and much faster to style with your makeup each day. In my personal experience, eyebrow t…
A few days ago, something happened that was so shocking to me, that I decided to do research on it, and now I am writing this article about it. So, about 3 days ago, I drank a glass of purified spring water that I had in my refrigerator. I didn't eat anything, I was just thirsty because it is hot now and it is summertime. So, when I got sick from the water, I was sure it was the water because I was fine all day, and I got sick pretty quickly, right after drinking that glass of water. I got a sudden headache, my stomach started hurting, and I noticed a ringing in my ears. This prompted me to go online, and research purified water using scientific scholarly journals. In the studies I found, scientists analyzed our purified water, and they found several harmful things in it, so this is what they found:
Bacteria was found in several batches of purified water that was analyzed in several scientific studies; this is water that would end up in our grocery stores for sale, basic…
Want to learn how to get this simple, beautiful look? Then keep reading 👯
Let's start with the eyes. I always start any makeup look with the eyes because there may be fallout from your eyeshadows; it is much easier to just brush off or wipe off fallout before you have any other makeup on, so that way you don't remove your face makeup. Before even applying any eyeshadow though, I always apply:
1. An eyeliner sealerfirst. An eyeliner sealer acts as an eye primer, but it does even more. An eyeliner sealer can be applied over eyeliner to help reduce smudging; it can be mixed with any eyeshadow in order to turn it into an eyeliner; it can make poorly pigmented eyeshadows very pigmented, and you can even use an eyeliner sealer to get glitter to adhere to your eyes without having to worry about it falling off.
2. Apply eyeshadow. I used 2 shades from the 3W Clinic eyeshadow palette. This palette comes with 9 different eyeshadows and 3 blushers in one palette, and the palette only costs…
Want to know how I got this simple, but sexy look? Then keep reading 💋
1. Apply eye drops when your eyes look tired or red. I have not been sleeping well because of the constant construction happening outside my home, so I needed to lessen the redness and make my eyes look whiter and more clear, so I applied eye drops. I find that eye drops in the drugstore don't do much for me, so I only buy eye drops online; I also prefer natural herbal ones, so the ones I used today are the Itone Ayurvedic Herbal Eye Drops. I use eye drops almost everyday because I like to clean my eyes out; I feel like it is just a good healthy, hygiene habit to have. Lately though, I have been rushing a lot so I have been skipping this step, but my makeup doesn't look as good when I do skip it in my opinion. So, I recommend cleaning your eyes out everyday before applying your makeup because whiter eyes look healthier and your eye makeup will pop more.
2. Apply an eyeliner sealer. An eyeliner sealer acts as…
Acne is something we all get sometimes, but there are some products, and simple things that you can do that can greatly improve and reduce your acne.
1. Don't reapply makeup or touch up your makeup while you are out and about. The reason for this is because the moment you walk outside your home, germs and bacteria from the air get all over your face and exposed skin; this is why your skin smells bad after you have been outside for hours. When you take your makeup out and apply it to your now dirty skin, you contaminate your makeup, so everytime you use it again after this, you put more and more germs on your face, which can cause breakouts and even rashes.
2. Don't touch your face, even when you are at home. The reason is because Staph bacteria can live on many surfaces in your home, from counter tops, door handles, to objects you touch all the time, like your alarm clock, towel, or razor.
"Family members of children who have staph infections are more likely than other peop…